Thomas University, an independent, not-for-profit, institution of higher education in Thomasville, Georgia with undergraduate and graduate programs invites applicants for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor and Program Director of our new P-12 Educational Leadership program housed in the Division of Education. The position requires teaching P-12 Educational Leadership courses at the Masters and Specialist levels, scholarship and service responsibilities, and program leadership. Reporting to the division chair, the positon is an academic, remote appointment with the start date of August 15, 2022.
• Earned Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Educational Leadership or a closely related field.
• Minimum Of three years of administrative experience at P-12 school or district level.
• Demonstrated experience coordinating programs through leadership in program and curriculum development, program assessment, and accreditation.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with P-12 educational supervision, coaching/mentoring, performance evaluation, pedagogical best practices, and curriculum design and development.
• Expertise teaching online.
• Demonstrated scholarship in and service to K-12 teaching and learning and/or educational leadership.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit good judgment in making decisions concurrent with University policy.
• Ability to build relationships and work cooperatively with all constituents.
• Successful experience working with diverse student populations.
• Comprehensive awareness of current issues facing P-12 education and/or leadership.
• Working knowledge of educational leadership standards, including national and Georgia-developed standards and accreditation.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: To apply, please complete the Thomas University application at www.thomasu.edu/employment; send an email with the subject noting “Assistant/Associate Professor of Educational Leadership” to Laura Pitts, Office of Human Resources: email@example.com, and include:
· Cover letter addressing the qualifications sited above.
· Curriculum vita
· Names and contact information of three professional references
· Unofficial transcripts of terminal degree (Official transcripts due upon hire)
All electronic submissions should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
CONTACT INFORMATION: For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Dr. Susan Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or questions regarding submission of application materials please contact Laura Pitts at email@example.com.
Apply Before Date
For full consideration, please apply by May 20, 2022. The position is open until filled. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Division of Counseling and Psychology at Thomas University is seeking applications for the position of Affiliate Assistant Professor to teach in our online Bachelor of Rehabilitation Studies and Master of Clinical Mental Health and Clinical Counseling programs beginning Fall Semester 2020. Thomas University affiliate faculty members are expected to make an outstanding contribution to teaching and learning. In contrast to other full-time faculty, the position does not require participation in governance or committees and holds no expectation for advising of students.
A doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision and proven excellence in teaching is required. Successful applicants must be licensed counselors and/or a certification as a Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC).
Candidates must be adept in the use of instructional technology and have experience in hybrid/online course development. College/university teaching experience is preferred.
Thomas University is a private university located in Thomasville, Georgia, providing a dynamic learning environment for students earning associate, bachelor, and graduate degrees. Our quality academic programs combine innovative learning models with highly-qualified and caring faculty to help students achieve educational goals in our regional, national, and global communities. Successful candidates seek a vibrant and collegial university teaching environment that fosters students’ personal transformation and professional growth.
Thomas University is committed to diversity; rank, salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
This is a nine-month position, with possible summer employment.
Application deadline: March 15, 2020.
Please complete the online application and send a letter addressing the qualifications cited above, a curriculum vita, three current letters of recommendation, and official transcripts to:
Director of Human Resources
1501 Millpond Road
Thomasville, GA 31792