Students must be registered for classes to get a student ID. To obtain your student ID, you must submit a request.
What is a TU student ID?
- A TU student ID is an “official” identification resource used on campus.
- All residential students are required to have a student ID.
- Offsite or online students are not required to have a student ID, but may request one.
Why should I get a TU student ID?
- Student IDs are necessary in order to check out materials from the library or other campus offices, attend student activities on campus, meal plan purposes, receive discounts from local business, and for general campus identification and security purposes.
How do I get a TU student ID?
- You must be registered for classes to obtain an ID.
- You must submit a request to get a TU student ID.
- To request your ID, complete the student ID request form.
- Make sure all the information you provide on the form is up-to-date.
- We will send your digital student ID to your TU student email.
- For verification purposes, you are required to upload a copy of a current state or government issued photo ID to the request form.
- The ID that you submit must be valid and have a clearly identifiable photo.
Do I need to get my TU student ID validated?
- All returning residential students are required to have their student ID validated each semester –
- Offsite or online students are not required to have their ID card validated each semester.
In the ID request form, you will also provide a photo that will be the photo on your ID card. The photo you submit must meet the following requirements:
- Must be color (cannot be black and white)
- Must have a plain, light-colored background
- Must be clear and well-lit — no excessive shadows, pixilation/graininess, etc.
- Your entire head and shoulders must be visible
- You must be facing forward, looking directly into the camera
- Do not have any other people or objects in the photo
- Do not wear a hat or sunglasses
- Nothing should be touching your face, such as hands, props, or other distractions
- You can smile – do not make any gestures or inappropriate facial expressions
Thomas University reserves the right to determine any photo as being inappropriate.
For more information, or with any questions regarding IDs, please email email@example.com.
Acceptable Photo Example:
Unacceptable Photo Examples: