Creative Technologies is a mixed-media design program that combines traditional creative disciplines (art, creative writing, film, music) with technology-driven media (graphic and web design, digital photography, digital media writing). Students in the program learn various forms of creative expression and gain hands- on experience with essential digital design tools and techniques. The curriculum prepares students for careers in a range of creative fields, including digital media design, graphic art, website development, audio-visual production, among others. Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Employ multiple digital media software tools to create, edit, and publish unique and innovative content.
- Demonstrate and apply the principles of digital media design.
- Demonstrate and apply the principles of various creative disciplines.
- Combine and synthesize traditional creative forms and digital design techniques to convey an artistic or creative idea.
- Communicate an artistic or creative idea in a variety contexts, including professional, personal, academic, and public life.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the publishing process for creative and digital media content.
- Composition I
- Composition II
- Oral Communication for Professionals
- University Studies
- College Algebra
- Science elective (1 classes)
- Inquiry electives (2 classes)
- Creativity electives (2 classes)
- Cultural Foundations electives (3 classes)
- Materials and Methods of Film Making I
- 2-D Design or Intro to Painting
- Sculpture or Printmaking
- Principles of Graphic and Web Design
- Digital Photography I and II
- Digital and Media Writing
- Music and Multimedia
- Creative Writing Or Creative Nonfiction
- Creative Technologies Special Topics
- Creative Technologies Senior Portfolio/Capstone Project
TOTAL CREDITS 120 Credits
CIP Code 10.01
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in media and communication occupations is projected to grow 14 percent through 2030.
A wide variety of careers are available to individuals within this field. For more information on career opportunities please visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Students with no prior college, please provide an official high school transcript or GED. Students with prior college credit must submit official transcripts from all previously attended colleges.
Send official transcripts to email@example.com
1501 Millpond Road
Thomasville, GA 31792