Safety & Security
Thomas University takes the safety & security of our campus community seriously and works diligently to provide a safe environment for students, faculty and staff.
- TU has a full-time security officer who patrols all three campuses. The direct number to security is: 229-221-6791
- In addition, the Thomasville Police Department has a police substation located on the Magnolia Campus.
- Students can also contact the Housing Manager, Resident Director, or their RA 24/7 in case of an emergency. The direct line to the Resident Director is 229-977-6563
View Campus Security and Fire Safety Report
Thomas University has an emergency communications system in place to notify all students, faculty and staff in the event of an emergency situation.
- The complete emergency handbook can be found here. All TU computers in offices and in labs have a desktop icon that connects directly to the emergency handbook. Printed copies are also on hand at the desk of administrative assistants in each department.
- Color-coded flip books, which are an abbreviated form of the emergency handbook, are located next to fire extinguishers or fire pulls in all TU buildings.
- In the event of an emergency:
- The emergency system is updated each semester with each student’s information from the registrar’s office. It’s important that a student updates his/her information in Hawklink.
- An emergency message in the form of a text message, voice message and email will be sent to all cell phone numbers, home phone numbers and email addresses on file with the registrar’s office. (Please make sure your student updates this information regularly in Hawklink.)
- An emergency message will be sent to all computers on the TU network. This message interrupts any work on that computer. The message must be dismissed by the computer user or time out according to its programming.
- Emergency notifications will be posted on the TU website, Facebook page, Social media page and Instagram page.
- Parents are welcome to sign up to be included in TU’s emergency messaging system. To do so, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a separate email for each parent. You will be contacted via email to verify that the information is correct.
- Parent’s name
- Student’s name
- Parent’s cell phone number(s)
- Parent’s email address(es)