The 2023 Spring Undergraduate and Graduate Commencement Ceremonies are scheduled to be held on Saturday, May 06, 2023 on the Forbes Campus of Thomas University.
TU is planning two Spring Commencement ceremonies this year. Details will be communicated as arrangements are finalized.
- Undergraduate students from the Class 2023 will be permitted to attend a Commencement Ceremony to be held on Saturday, May 6th at 8:30 am.
- Graduate students from the Class of 2023 will be permitted to attend a Commencement Ceremony to be held on Saturday, May 6th at 6:00 pm.
- Once a graduate completes their degree program at the end of their last semester, their degree will be conferred within 3 weeks after final grades have been posted. Official transcripts can be requested here: https://www.thomasu.edu/student-life/registrar/.
- Diplomas will be mailed directly to graduates within 6-8 weeks after their degree has been conferred.
- Graduates may purchase their cap & gown until the order deadline of March 31st. Ordering instructions will be sent to their TU student email no later than January 15th.
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who intend to graduate must complete the Application for Graduation located in HawkLink by November 15th of the academic year in which they anticipate completion of their degree. Students who graduate in the Fall and Spring semesters are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony in the Spring of that academic year. Students who graduate in the Summer semester and are taking 10 credit hours or less are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony the Spring of that academic year.
All students pay a graduation fee of $175. The graduation fee covers all expenses associated with graduation, including your diploma. This is a required fee regardless of the application’s outcome or participation in the commencement ceremony.
The information below should be reviewed by all students prior to graduating.
+Ordering Caps and Gowns
Students that have applied for graduation will be provided instructions on how to order a cap and gown via Thomas University email. If you have not received this information by February 15th, please contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com.
+Commencement Ceremony Instructions
Thomas University’s Spring 2023 Commencement Ceremonies will be held on Saturday, May 6th outside on the Forbes Campus of Thomas University.
Graduates will be provided specific information regarding Commencement Ceremony details via email by mid-March.
Part of the privilege of attending a small university is participating in a graduation ceremony at which your professors, TU administrators and staff, family members and classmates celebrate your academic accomplishment. We wish all of you could attend but understand that it’s just not possible for some.
- Turn off all cell phones.
- Be courteous if taking personal photographs.
- Men should remove caps during invocation and benediction.
- All guests regardless of age (even babies) must have a ticket; you are encouraged to leave younger children at home where they can celebrate with you later.
- Be respectful of your classmates in your and your guest’s congratulations during the ceremony so that all graduates’ names can be heard.
- Please pass the programs that are provided down the row you are sitting in.
- Cap & gown is required and should be free of wrinkles (follow instructions provided with gowns)
- Wear dark dress shoes and dark dress slacks.
- Dark attire looks best under the thin fabric of these gowns.
- Low heels are strongly encouraged.
- No flip flops, casual sandals or slides.
- Cap must be worn flat on the head.
- Leave purses in the trunk of your car for security.
- All regalia worn should pertain only to the degree you are earning. If you are earning a Master’s degree please do not wear tassels, stoles or other items earned as part of your Bachelor’s degree.
+Commencement Ceremony Tickets
We hope that you will share your graduation with your family and friends. Tickets for the general admission seating area for our outdoor ceremony on the Forbes Campus are not required. However, seating is limited. Seating for the graduate ceremony will open at 5 p.m. Strollers will not be permitted inside the seating area. Guests that would like to bring their own seating may do so and sit outside the general admission seating area.
In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony will be moved to the Thomas University Gymnasium on our Magnolia Campus. An announcement about moving the ceremony will be made by Tuesday, May 2nd, on the Thomas University website (www.thomasu.edu) and via student email.
If the ceremony is moved to the TU Gymnasium due to weather, each graduating student will receive 2 tickets for entry into the gymnasium. . Due to a record number of graduating students. only those with tickets will be permitted to enter. Tickets are required for all guests including small children. Information on how you will receive your tickets will be communicated via your TU student email once the decision has been made to move the ceremony indoors due to inclement weather. Further assembly instructions will be provided at the time of the announcement.
If a graduate is unable to attend, the gradate may designate their tickets to another graduate. The graduate giving away tickets must contact the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org aand indicate the name of the receiving graduate and the number of tickets they wish to give away. Tickets will not be given away without this confirmation email.
+Parking, Map, Directions and Local Accommodations
Graduates and guests will park on the Magnolia Campus parking lot or on the West Jackson Street Parking Lot. A continuous shuttle between the parking areas and Forbes campus will be running. Graduates and/or guests with disabilities will be permitted to park on the Forbes campus in the Pinetree Blvd parking lot. Parking in the Forbes parking lot on the Forbes Campus will not be permitted.
If you are using GPS to coordinate your trip, please use the following address:
1550 Magnolia Street –Thomas University Magnolia Campus or 1327 West Jackson Street.
1 Senior Life Lane- Senior Life Insurance Building
Please do not use the main TU address of 1501 Millpond Road as that parking lot is reserved for Faculty, Staff and individuals who will be running the ceremony. The Pinetree Parking Lot on the Forbes campus will be reserved with students/guests with persons with disabilities.
Campus Maps and Directions
Local Accommodations and Restaurants
+Welcome to the TU Alumni Association!
Visit the TU Alumni & Friends Page
Thomas University is proud of its alumni and enjoys the support of its many friends in the local community. TU encourages both its alumni and its friends to become involved with the university and help it serve the needs of its students and the community.
The alumni association is an active group of diverse interests. Our roster is more than 6,000 strong and some undergraduate alumni have returned for graduate degrees.
Many of our alumni support the students and TU through contributions, mentoring and recruiting.
+Commencement Ceremonies Livestream
+Class of 2022 Social Media Cover Photos and Frames