Shuttle Driver (Part-time)
The Shuttle Driver is responsible for picking up and driving Thomas University students to and from the Thomas University Main Campus from various pick-up locations, including residence halls, apartments and the West Campus.
Responsibilities: include the following.
1. Assures safe, convenient, courteous and expeditious transportation to and from the property for all passengers.
2. Drive a passenger shuttle van vehicle with automatic transmissions.
3. Provide, maintain and ensure customer service as a representative of Thomas University. 4. Interact positively using strong, clear and concise communication skills.
5. Acknowledge and greet all guests and passengers on the property parking lot(s).
6. Performs other related tasks as required.
7. Requires evening and occasionally weekend work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
All employees must be knowledgeable to all University policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent. Six months to one year related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid Driver’s License, and be insurable according to our automotive insurance company’s criteria, to operate all vehicles including rented equipment.
Must submit to a OMV background check.
Must have clean OMV driving record, with no moving violations inthe past 3 years.
Must be able to effectively communicate in English. Must be able to write reports and read and write simple lists, interoffice memorandums, and business correspondence.
Planning, remembering details, reading, directing others, making decisions, discriminating
colors, working rapidly, working at various tempos, concentrating amid distractions, examining and observing details.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Work is normally performed in a moving vehicle under normal driving conditions and employee may be exposed to varying temperatures. When traveling employee may be exposed to varying conditions inside and outside.
If interested, immediately contact:
Robert A. Bohman
VP for Student Life firstname.lastname@example.org Phone” 229- 226- 1621 ext 1136
Dean of Students email@example.com Phone 229-226-1621