Senior Administrative Assistant
This position assists the Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA) and the Vice President of Enrollment Management (VPEM) with the administrative functions of their respective areas.
- Collect and archive syllabi, division reports, load sheets, and other academic reports.
- Compile adjunct and overload pay sheets, faculty and staff evaluations, and other documents for review by the VPAA.
- Assist with collection and management of data for compliance reporting.
- Coordinate scheduling and appointments for the VPAA and supervise Academic Affairs student workers.
- Coordinate campus visits for visiting scholars, prospective faculty, and others.
- Review and process for approval all invoices and credit card statements related to Academic Affairs.
Responsible for supporting enrollment administrative efforts including:
- Supervise Admissions Administrative Assistant.
- Review and process for approval all invoices submitted related to enrollment, marketing, and advising.
- Coordinate enrollment efforts such as events, group campus visits, training programs, etc.
- Work with selected vendors regarding required supplies for enrollment offices.
- Process graduate education admissions files for prospective new students.
- Approve timesheets and leave requests for admissions staff.
- Serve as back up to the Admissions Coordinator position to process applications, applicant files, internet inquiries, etc.
- Greet and direct individuals entering the Forbes building, and answer phones
- Assist with special events, including commencement
- Serve as second line support for Administrative Assistant to President
- Schedule flights, hotels, and travel for guests of the university as well as the VPAA and VPEM
- Other tasks assigned as needed
Reports to: Vice President of Academic Affairs and Vice-President of Enrollment Management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, Adobe Pro
- Confident interpersonal and customer service skills
- Superior clerical skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or reminders to complete tasks.
- Adherence to professional ethics including confidentiality
- Punctual and industrious work habits
- Bachelor degree required
Terms of Employment:
Full benefits, letter of employment, Full-Time, 12 months.
Exempt position, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Work is normally performed inside under normal office conditions and employee may be exposed to varying temperatures, humidity and moderate noise.
- Keying data into computer repeatedly during an 8-hour shift.
- Ability to lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Reaching/handling of various equipment repeatedly during an 8-hour shift.
- Walking up and down stairs and hills across campus multiples times a day.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request regarding the work environment and physical demands to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.