The position of line cook consists of managing the daily preparation of food items in the kitchen and cooking all foods in an efficient, healthy and attractive manner.
– Present foods using proper presentation techniques
– Coordinate completion of items served
– Check and maintain coolers and storage areas for cleanliness, quantity and quality of foods
– Check to be sure there are enough foods for service guests
– Take proper care of ranges, ovens, fryers, griddles, utensils and other equipment
– Work as a team member
– Prepare and cook meat, poultry, fish, seafood stocks, soups, sauces, and etc.
– Wash, peel, cut, fruits and vegetables for consumption
Qualifications and Requirements:
– High school diploma or equivalent
– Ability to take direction and have follow through on direction
– Good communication skills
– Experience in food service preferred
– Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
– Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
– Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits
– Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy living environment
– Works collaboratively with the
The work environment described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
– Moderate to very warm temperature levels
– Work requires: varying degrees of dining room preparation/work
*Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request regarding the work environment and physical
demands to enable individuals needing assistance to perform the essential functions.
**Please complete the online application and email Dr. Bob Bohman at firstname.lastname@example.org a curriculum vita, three current letters of recommendation, and official transcripts to:
Dr. Bob Bohman – VP of Student Life – email@example.com
1501 Millpond Road
Thomasville, GA 31792