Instructor/Assistant Professor of Education
Thomas University, an independent, not-for-profit, institution of higher education in Thomasville, Georgia with undergraduate and graduate programs invites applicants for the position of Instructor/Assistant Professor of Education. The position requires teaching campus-based and online synchronous courses in the undergraduate and MAT initial teaching programs and requires synchronous online instruction with courses offered on Saturday. Reporting to the Director of Initial Teaching programs, the position is an academic, campus appointment with the start date of August 15, 2023.
- Earned Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction, Teacher Leadership, or a closely related field
- Minimum Of three years successful teaching experience at P-12 school level
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with P-12 pedagogical best practices, curriculum design and development, and assessment
- Expertise with online instructional design and delivery
- Demonstrated experience mentoring or teaching initial teaching candidates
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit good judgment in making decisions concurrent with University policy
- Ph.D./Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction, Teacher Leadership, or a closely related field.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft 365, Nearpod, Zoom, GoReact, Teams, and other instructional technologies
- Comprehensive awareness of current issues facing P-12 education and/or leadership
- Multiple PK-12 Georgia certifications and endorsements
To apply, please complete the Thomas University application at www.thomasu.edu/employment; send an email with the subject noting “Assistant/Associate Professor of Educational Leadership” to Laura Pitts, Office of Human Resources: email@example.com, and include:
- Cover letter addressing the qualifications sited above.
- Curriculum vita
- Names and contact information of three professional references
- Unofficial transcripts of terminal degree (Official transcripts due upon hire)
All electronic submissions should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Dr. Susan Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or questions regarding submission of application materials please contact Chris
Lyons at email@example.com
Apply Before Date
For full consideration, please apply by March 24, 2022. The position is open until filled. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.