Athletic Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Athletic Administrative Assistant
Division: Thomas University Athletics
Supervisor: Athletic Director
Hours: Full Time (Onsite)
Requirements: Four year degree preferred
Skills: Proficient in Outlook Platform (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
The Administrative Assistant in Athletics is vital to the functionality of the department by providing effective communication and reporting between the coaches, athletic director, and the community. Proficient and professional conduct will be realized by assisting the athletic director while implementing the mission effectively creating a positive experience for the student athlete.
- Administrative support to the Athletic Director by answering phone calls, managing daily/weekly schedule, emails, written correspondence and return calls.
- Complete annual reporting on athletics to the NAIA Conference and the Department of Education.
- Coordinate with Coaches, Financial Aid, and Admissions to create, send out, and collect signed athletic scholarships for student-athletes; facilitate application of scholarships to student accounts and maintain scholarship records.
- Coordinate with Admissions to facilitate enrollment of new student-athletes/international student-athletes.
- Provide orientation for Athletic Assistants and facilitate approval of Graduate Tuition Remission Requests. Provide necessary forms/information to new Athletic Assistants to ease transition into the department. Provide administrative support to the Athletics Director to secure leases for Athletic Assistant housing and assist in maintenance of TU leased units.
- Collect timesheets from Athletic Assistants/hourly Student Life staff and submit bi-weekly to Human Resources for payroll.
- Managing and assigning TU’s fleet vehicles and reservation calendar.
- Responsible for producing accurate minutes from staff meetings.
- Review and submit invoices for payments related to the Athletic Director’s budget.
- Collect monies/receipts for reconciliation from department staff. Reconcile department credit card statements monthly in the online system for cardholders.
- Provide general support to department staff; assist with processing requests related to team travel, purchase orders and concessions.
- Assist Coaches and Teams during Recruitment Visits.
- Set up and maintain accurate filing systems for Athletics.
- Update department policies and lists; provide orientation and support for new department staff members.
- Maintain department office equipment; anticipate needs and order office supplies.
- Visit Forbes Campus daily to conduct business and retrieve/distribute mail for Athletics.
- Coordinate with Human Resources regarding hiring/termination of department staff members and facilitate set-up/termination of employees with IT.
- Create work orders for TU staff members and coordinate facilitation of requests with Facilities.
- Maintain Athletics calendar of events on TU website; add reservations to TU calendar for conference rooms and classrooms.
- Attend athletic special events such as fundraisers, orientations, open houses etc.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Athletics Director.