Director of Learning Support
Thomas University, an independent, not-for-profit, institution of higher education in Thomasville, Georgia with undergraduate and graduate programs invites applicants for the position of Director of Learning Support. The Director of Learning Support oversees the Learning Commons and Testing Center, and leads innovation in design and implementation of student learning support for all Thomas University students. The Director collaborates with Academics, Athletics, and Student Life to create programming and services that support the academic and personal development of all students, consistent with the University’s Mission to prepare students for, “successful careers and responsible leadership in a rapidly changing and complex world.”
This is a campus-based staff position reporting to the Provost, with the start date of June 1, 2023.
• A Master’s degree in an appropriate field of Education, or in an academic field relevant to academic skills development
• Three (3) years of work experience teaching at a college-level or working in academic advisement, student support services, or a closely related area dealing with student retention and success, as well as faculty and staff development is required.
• Evidence of a strong understanding and application of pedagogical theory and contemporary educational practice relevant to student learning support.
• Evidence of ability to lead a team of academics and support the team’s development of excellence in student learning support.
• A demonstrated track record of establishing effective collaborations across the University and with external organisations.
• A Ph.D. or Ed.D in an appropriate field of Education, or in an academic field related to academic skills development is preferred
• Supervisory experience
• Experience with diagnostic and classroom assessment, computer-based tracking and education advisement
1) Complete the Thomas University application at www.thomasu.edu/employment
2) Send an email with the subject noting “Director of Learning Support” to Laura Pitts, Office of Human Resources (email@example.com), and include:
• Cover letter addressing the qualifications sited above.
• Curriculum vita
• Names and contact information of three professional references
• Unofficial transcripts of all degrees (Official transcripts due upon hire)
All electronic submissions should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
For questions about this position, please contact Brennan Rutland, Administrative Assistant to Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or questions regarding submission of application materials, please contact Laura Pitts at email@example.com.
Thomas University is committed to diversity.
Thomas University is located in Thomasville, Georgia, approximately 35 miles north of Tallahassee, Florida.