Pinetree Dining Hall Cold Prep Cook
The position consists of working with the Manager of Residential Food Services in collaboration with other food service employees. This position is responsible for managing the daily preparation of food items in the kitchen.
- Follow the prep list provided by the Manager of Residential Food Services or Assistant Manager to complete daily duties
- Label and stock all ingredients
- Properly measure ingredients for item-specific recipes
- Prepare cooking ingredients to food service standards
- Check and maintain coolers and storage areas for cleanliness, quantity and quality of foods
- Take proper care of ranges, ovens, fryers, griddles, utensils and other equipment
- Ensure all food and other items are stored and properly labeled
- Wash, peel, cut, fruits and vegetables for consumption
- Work as a team member
- Other duties as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to take direction and have follow through on direction
- Good communication skills
- Experience in food service preferred
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
- Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy living environment
- Works collaboratively with other members of the Student Life department
- The work environment described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job: o Moderate to very warm temperature levels
- Work requires varying degrees of dining room preparation/work
- Be able to work at the Pinetree Residence Hall
*Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request regarding the work environment and physical demands to enable individuals needing assistance to perform the essential functions.
- To apply, please complete the Thomas University application at www.thomasu.edu/employment.
- Send an email with the subject noting “Pinetree Dining Hall Cold Prep Cook” to Courtney Sinclair, Dean of Students, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information of a minimum of two professional references
- All electronic submissions should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- For questions about this position, please contact Courtney Sinclair, Dean of Students, at email@example.com.