Medical Laboratory Science Affiliate Faculty
Thomas University an independent, not-for-profit, institution of higher education with undergraduate and graduate programs in Thomasville, Georgia seeks applicants for the position of Affiliate Faculty to teach medical laboratory science courses beginning Fall Semester 2022. This is an affiliate faculty position with health and retirement benefits.
This is a 9-month full-time position in the Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) Program with duties that include developing and teaching both lecture and laboratory components of an undergraduate MLS curriculum. Non-teaching duties include, but are not limited to, NAACLS accreditation activities and service to the MLS Program and other entities at Thomas University, as needed.
- Minimum of a master’s degree or higher in medical laboratory science or other MS degree when combined with an undergraduate degree in MLS, appropriate certification, and experience.
- MLS/MT certification with ASCP or equivalent and a minimum of five years of clinical experience in the field are required.
- College/university teaching experience and familiarity with electronic course development preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit good judgment in making decisions concurrent with University policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all constituents.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
To apply, please complete the Thomas University application at www.thomasu.edu/employment; send an email with the subject noting “MLS Affiliate Faculty Position” to Laura Pitts, Human Resources Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org, and include:
- Cover letter addressing the qualifications cited above
- Curriculum vita
- Names and contact information of three professional references
- Unofficial transcripts of terminal degree (Official transcripts due upon hire)
All electronic submissions should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
For questions about this opening, please contact Leslie Cooper at email@example.com.
For more information or questions regarding submission of application materials, please contact Laura Pitts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thomas University is committed to diversity.
Thomas University is located in Thomasville, Georgia, approximately 35 miles north of Tallahassee, Florida.