Graduate Assistant: Tutoring
Thomas University invites applicants for the position of Graduate Assistant Tutor beginning Fall Semester 2020. Areas of specialization are open, but preference will be given to those with significant coursework and experience in Writing, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
Graduate Assistant Tutors are expected to work 20 hours per week and are compensated for up to 9 credit hours through tuition remission.
This position assists the Director of Library Services in managing TU’s Peer Tutoring program, supervises peer tutors to ensure policy and procedures are being followed, and helps individual students achieve their academic goals.
- Applicants must be accepted and in good standing as a student in the graduate program supporting the assistantship.
- Completion of 1 semester of graduate courses preferred but not required
- GPA 3.0
- One academic letter of reference
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 graduate hours while working as a GA
- Approval of Division Chair
To apply for opportunities, please complete the Thomas University application at www.thomasu.edu/employment; send an email with the subject noting “Graduate Assistant – Tutoring” and enclose your curriculum vita, letter of reference, and confirmation of enrollment to Chris Lyons, Director of Human Resources: email@example.com. All electronic submissions should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Thomas University is committed to diversity.