Graduate Assistant: Teaching
Thomas University invites applicants for the position of Graduate Teaching Assistant beginning Fall Semester 2020 in the following areas: Business, Counseling, Education, and English.
Graduate Teaching Assistants may assist with up to two courses (6-8 credit hours) per semester, and are compensated for up to 9 credit hours through tuition remission.
- Applicants must be accepted and in good standing as a student in the graduate program supporting the assistantship.
- Completion of 1 semester of graduate courses preferred but not required
- GPA 3.0
- One academic letter of reference
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 graduate hours while working as a GA
- Approval of Division Chair
- Assist course faculty member with teaching activities to include teaching, participation in discussion forums, grading assignments, proctoring exams, record keeping, lab preparation and clean-up and other duties as assigned by faculty member.
- Maintain office hours to work one-on-one with students, either in-person or online.
All applicants must be adept in at least one LMS and willing to participate in curriculum review. To apply for opportunities, please complete the Thomas University application at www.thomasu.edu/employment; send an email with the subject noting “Graduate Teaching Assistant” and the subject area, and enclose your curriculum vita, letter of reference, and confirmation of enrollment to Chris Lyons, Director of Human Resources: email@example.com. All electronic submissions should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Thomas University is committed to diversity.