Exercise Physiology/Kinesiology Assistant Professor
invites applications for the position of:
Division of Health & Sciences
Full-Time Exercise Physiology/Kinesiology Assistant Professor
Thomas University, an independent, not-for-profit, institution of higher education in Thomasville, Georgia with undergraduate and graduate programs invites applicants for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor. The position requires teaching exercise and sports science and human anatomy and physiology courses at the baccalaureate level, scholarship and service responsibilities. Reporting to the Program Coordinator, Program Director and Division Chair, the position is an academic, campus- based appointment with the start date of August 15, 2023.
- Earned Ph.D. in physiology/ kinesiology or a closely related field preferred.
- College/university teaching experience and familiarity with electronic course development preferred
- Content area expertise: physiology/ kinesiology; exercise and sports science
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit good judgment in making decisions concurrent with University policy
- Ability to work cooperatively with all constituents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build relationships and work cooperatively with all constituents.
- Successful experience working with diverse student populations.
- Comprehensive awareness of current issues in sports and exercise physiology
- Professional certification from American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) or similar.
To apply, please complete the Thomas University application at www.thomasu.edu/employment; send an email with the subject noting “Assistant Professor Physiology/ Kinesiology” to Laura Pitts, Office of Human Resources: email@example.com, and include:
- Cover letter addressing the qualifications sited above.
- Curriculum vita
- Names and contact information of three professional references
- Unofficial transcripts of terminal degree (Official transcripts due upon hire)
All electronic submissions should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Deana Baker @ firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or questions regarding submission of application materials please contact Laura Pitts at email@example.com.
Thomas University is committed to diversity.
Thomas University is located in Thomasville, Georgia, approximately 35 miles north of Tallahassee, Florida.