Division of Business Assistant Professor and Director of Undergraduate Programs
Thomas University, an independent, not-for-profit, institution of higher education in Thomasville, Georgia with undergraduate and graduate programs invites applicants for the position of Assistant Professor and Program Director of Undergraduate Programs for the Division of Business. The position requires teaching Business courses at the Baccalaureate and Master’s levels, scholarship and service responsibilities, and program leadership. Reporting to the division chair, the positon is an academic, campus-based appointment.
• Earned doctorate in Business. Area of specialization is open but the successful candidate will be able to teach a broad variety of undergraduate and graduate Business courses.
• Demonstrated experience developing and coordinating programs through leadership in program and curriculum development, program assessment, and accreditation.
• Track record of successful collaboration and relationship building with industry partners and stakeholders.
• Expertise teaching both in-person and online
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit good judgment in making decisions concurrent with University policy.
• Demonstrated experience running co-curricular student organizations and/or service-learning programs.
• Experience managing/supervising faculty
• Successful experience working with diverse student populations.
• Professional certification in one or more of the disciplines served by the Division of Business (Management, PMP, Six Sigma, HRM, etc.).
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: To apply, please complete the Thomas University application at www.thomasu.edu/employment; send an email with the subject noting “Assistant Professor of Business” to Laura Pitts, Office of Human Resources: email@example.com, and include:
· Cover letter addressing the qualifications sited above.
· Curriculum vita
· Names and contact information of three professional references
· Unofficial transcripts of terminal degree (Official transcripts due upon hire)
All electronic submissions should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
CONTACT INFORMATION: For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Dr. Melinda Piller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or questions regarding submission of application materials please contact Laura Pitts at email@example.com.
Thomas University is committed to diversity.
Thomas University is located in Thomasville, Georgia, approximately 35 miles north of Tallahassee, Florida.