Counseling Fieldwork Site Recruitment Specialist
Thomas University an independent, not-for-profit, institution of higher education with undergraduate and graduate programs in Thomasville, Georgia seeks applicants for the position of Recruitment Specialist for counseling fieldwork sites. The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for recruiting fieldwork sites for all graduate counseling students, particularly in high need, high demand areas. This is a 3-year grant funded position with the possibility of renewal pending continuation of the grant.
- Knowledge of the Fieldwork requirements for assigned programs, the Tevera database, the HRSA BPMH, university policies and procedures, online education, and Zoom.
- Skill in operating computer and job-related software programs, decision making and problem solving, interpersonal relations, and oral and written communication.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree required and Qualified Supervisor training recommended.
- Build a database of agencies in states where CMHCRC students reside, giving high priority to agencies in high need-high demand areas, and communicate with those agencies to explore the possibility of internship placements.
- Work with CMHCRC students to explore placement sites in their area.
- Contact identified placement sites to explore their capacity for practicum and internship students.
- Develop a partnership with fieldwork agency personnel of those sites identified as having the capacity for practicum and internship placements.
- Ensure agencies have a qualified clinical supervisor on site for supervision of TU students.
- Establish a Memorandum of Agreement (MOU) with each agency meeting criteria for placement of a fieldwork student.
- Maintain MOUs with all agencies, ensuring they continue to meet qualifications for supervision of TU interns.
- Communicate with university faculty to disseminate information about agencies with valid MOUs.
- Conduct site visits during the recruitment phase as needed.
- Maintain the database in Tevera and in the HRSA’s database, BPMH.
To apply for opportunities, please complete the Thomas University application at www.thomasu.edu/employment; send an email with the subject noting “Counseling Fieldwork Site Recruitment Specialist” position including a resume, cover letter, three current references and official transcripts showing earned degree to Chris Lyons, Director of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org. All electronic submissions should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Thomas University is located in Thomasville, Georgia, approximately 35 miles north of Tallahassee, Florida.
Thomas University is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion.