Assistant Professor and Director of the Social Work Program
Thomas University, an independent, not-for-profit, institution of higher education in Thomasville, Georgia with undergraduate and graduate programs invites applicants for the position of Assistant Professor and Program Director of our Social Work Bachelor’s program housed in the Division of Social & Behavioral Sciences. The position requires teaching bachelor level courses, scholarship and service responsibilities, and program leadership. Reporting to the division chair, the position is an academic, remote appointment with the start date of August 1, 2022.
• Earned DSW or Ph.D. in Social Work from a CSWE accredited Institution
• Minimum of two years of teaching experience or closely related experience in Social Work.
• Experience coordinating programs through program and curriculum development, program assessment, and accreditation.
• Knowledge and experience with faculty supervision, coaching/mentoring, performance evaluation, pedagogical best practices, and curriculum design and development.
• Expertise teaching online and developing/coordinating online programming.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit good judgment in making decisions concurrent with University policy.
• Ability to build relationships and work cooperatively with all constituents.
• Experience with CSWE accreditation
• Successful experience working with diverse student populations.
• Comprehensive awareness of current issues facing social workers today.
• Working knowledge of Social Work standards, including national and Georgia-developed standards and accreditation.
Example of Job Duties:
· Supervises the BSW Field Coordinator
· Recruits and selects program faculty (adjunct) to serve as instructors
· Evaluates faculty, integrates programs for their professional development, and develops the faculty as a team or “department”
· Provides outreach to the social work community, including establishing practicum sites for the students in collaboration with the BSW Field Coordinator.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: To apply, please complete the Thomas University application at www.thomasu.edu/employment; send an email with the subject noting “Assistant Professor of Social Work” to Laura Pitts, Office of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org, and include:
· Cover letter addressing the qualifications sited above.
· Curriculum vita
· Names and contact information of three professional references
· Unofficial transcripts of terminal degree (Official transcripts due upon hire)
All electronic submissions should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Dr. Pauline Patrick @ email@example.com.
For more information or questions regarding submission of application materials please contact Laura Pitts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thomas University is committed to diversity.
Thomas University is located in Thomasville, Georgia, approximately 35 miles north of Tallahassee, Florida.