Assistant Men/Women Cross Country/Track & Field Coach
Under the general direction of the Head Men and Women’s Cross Country/Track & FieldCoach, the Assistant Men/Women Cross Country/Track & Field Coach will be responsible for many of the aspects of the XC &T/F program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: coaching, recruiting, practice, game day operations and other duties as assigned by the head XC & T/F Coach.
1. Recruitment of men and women student-athletes for Cross Country and Track & Field 2. Assist in daily practice and game day operations and logistics
3. Assist when needed with strength & conditioning sessions
4. Assist with ordering team equipment
5. Assist in fundraising
6. Supports the department’s commitment to academic excellence
7. Attends all staff meetings and team meetings
8. Maintains a strong working relationship with department staff and University community
9. Flexible schedule in order to work early morning hours, nights and weekends
10. Other job duties as assigned by the Head Men and Women’s Cross Country/Track & Field Coach
Reports To: Head Cross Country Men and Women Track & Field Coach
- Possess strong communication and leadership skills
- Experience and working knowledge of Cross Country/Track & Field trainingtechniques
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience in coaching in collegiate or high school Cross Country/Track & Field or
- Playing experience with strong leadership skills and work ethic
Terms of Employment:
Full benefits, letter of employment, Full-Time, 12 months.
Non-exempt position, 40 hours/week, hours will vary with season
Salary is commensurate with experience based on the department scale
The work environment described here are representative of those
an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job: – Work is normally performed either outside depending upon weather conditions – employee may be exposed to varying temperatures and humidity levels
– low noise levels
– Varying degrees of field work
– Travel, for both games and recruiting
– Reaching/handling of various equipment repeatedly
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request regarding the work environment and physical demands to enable individuals needing assistance to perform the essential functions.
The screening of applicants will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled. To apply, please submit, via email, a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references:
Thomas University Athletic Director