Assistant/Associate Professor and Program Director P-12 Educational Leadership
Thomas University, an independent, not-for-profit, institution of higher education in Thomasville, Georgia with undergraduate and graduate programs invites applicants for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor and Program Director of our new P-12 Educational Leadership program housed in the Division of Education. The position requires teaching P-12 Educational Leadership courses at the Masters and Specialist levels, scholarship and service responsibilities, and program leadership. Reporting to the division chair, the positon is an academic, remote appointment beginning in of August, 2023.
- Earned Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Educational Leadership or a closely related field.
- Minimum Of three years of administrative experience at P-12 school or district level.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating curriculum development, program assessment, and accreditation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with P-12 educational supervision, coaching/mentoring, performance evaluation, pedagogical best practices, and curriculum design and development.
- Expertise with online instructional design.
- Ability to create strong district partnerships and recruiting efforts
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit good judgment in making decisions concurrent with University policy.
- Experience hiring and supervising personnel.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft 365, including extensive use of spreadsheets.
- Comprehensive awareness of current issues facing P-12 education and/or leadership.
- Working knowledge of educational leadership standards, including national and Georgia-developed standards and accreditation.
To apply, please complete the Thomas University application at www.thomasu.edu/employment; send an email with the subject noting “Assistant/Associate Professor of Educational Leadership” to Laura Pitts, Office of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org, and include:
- Cover letter addressing the qualifications sited above.
- Curriculum vita
- Names and contact information of three professional references
- Unofficial transcripts of terminal degree (Official transcripts due upon hire)
All electronic submissions should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Dr. Susan Lynn at email@example.com
For more information or questions regarding submission of application materials please contact Chris
Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Before Date
For full consideration, please apply by May 20, 2022. The position is open until filled. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.