F-T Biology Affiliate Faculty
Thomas University an independent, not-for-profit, institution of higher education with undergraduate and graduate programs in Thomasville, Georgia seeks applicants for the position of Affiliate Assistant Professor to teach campus based biology courses beginning Fall Semester 2021. Areas of interest include general biology, conservation and environmental biology, and cell/molecular/biochemistry.
Thomas University affiliate faculty members are expected to make an outstanding contribution to teaching and learning. In contrast to other full-time faculty, the position does not require participation in governance or committees and holds no expectation for advising of students. Successful candidate will be eligible for benefits.
This is a nine-month position, with possible summer employment.
- Minimum of a master’s degree or higher in biological sciences; doctoral degree preferred
- College/university teaching experience and familiarity with electronic course development preferred
- Content area expertise: general biology, conservation and environmental biology, and/or cell/molecular/biochemistry
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit good judgment in making decisions concurrent with University policy
- Ability to work cooperatively with all constituents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
All applicants must be adept in at least one LMS and willing to participate in curriculum review. To apply for opportunities, please complete the Thomas University application at www.thomasu.edu/employment; send an email with the subject noting “Biology Affiliate Faculty” including curriculum vita, three current references, and official transcripts to Chris Lyons, Director of Human Resources: email@example.com. All electronic submissions should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Thomas University is located in Thomasville, Georgia, approximately 35 miles north of Tallahassee, Florida.
Thomas University is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion.