Admissions Representative – Nursing
Full Time Hourly
Reports to the Vice President for Enrollment. Due to COVID, this position is responsible for planning and participating in virtual recruitment activities to generate and manage a pool of prospective nursing students with the objective of building enrollment in the nursing programs (RN-BSN, RN-MSN, MSN and MSN-MBA). This position is temporary through January 2022 and will be re-evaluated at that time.
- In collaboration with the Nursing program, plans, schedules and participates in virtual recruitment events (due to COVID restrictions) at health care facilities and nursing programs at 2-years colleges.
- Gives large and small group presentations while speaking informatively and enthusiastically on behalf of the college, its academic programs and student services.
- Maintains timely communication and enrollment counseling to prospective students and applicants.
- Manages applicant files, maintains persistent regular contact with applicants through the drop, and add period. Ensure students have completed all necessary steps to start classes (e.g. registered for classes, financial aid file complete, transcripts received, etc.)
- Documents and schedules all communication and activities with prospective students in the college’s CRM.
- Represents Thomas University in a positive, non-biased, non-offensive manner.
- Works as a team player in order to meet the goals of the university in keeping with the TU mission statement.
- Evaluate transcripts to determine admission in conjunction with the Division Chair.
- Works flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, with periods of frequent travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Nursing background highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- Sales and sales management skills
- Familiarity with Sales Force or other Customer Relationship Management software preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Public speaking experience.
- Ability to work remotely and effectively utilize technology (text, email, video meetings).
- Must be able to travel occasionally overnight
- Willing to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work effectively in a collegial environment. A “collegial” environment not only includes the physical campus, but also extends to working effectively in like manner from home. That is, this individual must be able to perform equally at home or on campus in every venue of duty and responsibility.
To apply: Complete Application for Employment and send resume and cover letter to email@example.com