Cooper Humanities Scholarship
Scholarship awards are based on guidelines and criteria established for each scholarship, as stated on the University’s website (www.thomasu.edu/scholarships). Recipients must be in good academic standing including having at least a 2.0 GPA unless stated otherwise.
Recipients must also apply for all applicable state and federal grants, which include completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). International students are exempt from the FAFSA requirement. This application can be completed online at www.fafsa.gov. Thomas University School Code – 001555
If I am awarded a scholarship, I agree to uphold a high standard of academic integrity. If I am found to be in violation, I understand my scholarship status may be affected.
- $1000 annually
- Be an undergraduate junior or senior Humanities major
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours each semester (Fall and Spring)
- Have successfully completed the CWRTE
- Have no Honor Code violations
- Typed essay (see requirements below)
- Letter of recommendations from a Humanities professor
- Cover letter explaining why you should be considered for the scholarship
Write a researched, academic essay of three to five pages, plus a works cited page, that fully answers these three questions:
- What is a liberal arts education?
- What are the foundational ideas espoused by Thomas Jefferson for a liberal arts education?
- Why is a liberal arts education important in the world of today?
The essay must be in MLA format and follow MLA guidelines in both in-text and source citations.
Apply Online Below