Computer Proficiency Exam (3 HR Credit)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Many students, particularly non-traditional students, have significant life/work experiences that Thomas University honors. This exam allows you to obtain course credit for computer software expertise. Student who fail the exam may re-take CSC120 or find some other means of remediation.
WHAT THE EXAMS COVER
The exam tests proficiency in these areas: Microsoft Excel (spreadsheet), PowerPoint (presentations), Word (word processing), the Windows operating system, and use of the Internet.
- The student should e-mail Professor Karen Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 229-226-1621 ext. 1086 to arrange to take the exam.
- Professor Harvey will activate a key-code for the electronic competency exam; the student will take the proctored online exam on TU's campus -OR- take the online exam at a certified proctored site.
- The exam fee is $350; The student must pay Thomas University (Business Office) BEFORE he/she can attempt the exam. The fee is non-refundable, even if the student fails the exam.
- If the student achieves the passing score, he/she will earn three credit hours to fulfill the Core requirement for CSC 120.
- Professor Harvey notifies the Registrar, who then posts the credit to the student’s transcript.