ARC Locations and Online Tutoring Availability
Main Campus location
- Face to Face tutoring is available in the Thomas University Library · You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our Schedule and Appointment page to make an appointment.
- Drop-ins are welcome; however, appointments are honored.
- Please allow 30 to 45 minutes for short papers and up to 1.5 hours for longer assignments.
Online Help Options
For information on Online Writing and Tutoring services visit the Library Tools page located in your courses and select the Tutoring and Writing Help button or visit our Schedule and Appointment page.
Tutoring Sessions at a Glance
Online ARC services are not a proofreading service. We primarily look at global issues (focus, development, and organization). We mark problems with style and conventions (grammar, formatting, spelling), but you must figure out the precise nature of the problem and make decisions about how you want to revise these problem areas.
Especially on longer papers, we will mark only the first few pages for style and conventions. With these marks, we attempt to draw your attention to patterns of problems in your writing.
Our hours are Monday through Thursday, 8 AM to 9 PM, and Friday, 9 AM to 12 PM. We do not respond to papers on Saturdays or Sundays.
After receiving your paper and all of the required information, tutors will do the following:
1. Read your paper.
2. Comment on global issues (focus, development, organization) and mark style and convention problems.
3. Ask questions about the assignment.
4. Ask questions about the paper.
5. Make suggestions using the comment function of Microsoft Word.
6. Return your paper via e-mail.
7. Send a report to your instructor informing her or him about our commenting (please indicate if you would prefer for us to not send such a report to your instructor).
Upon receipt of the paper, you may do any of the following:
- Respond to questions and suggestions via e-mail.
- Revise the paper and resubmit it (please be aware of due dates and our turn-around time).
- Revise the paper and hand it in to your instructor.