The following scholarship listings are offered outside of Thomas University. Please carefully review the qualifications and requirements for any scholarship before applying. Be sure to submit the required information by the appropriate deadline associated with the scholarship.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Awards: Amounts vary by scholarship
- Be of Hispanic heritage
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired)
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Have plans to enroll full-time in a degree-seeking program at a 2- or 4-year U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam during the 2014-2015 academic year
- Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Other requirements may vary by scholarship
Application: Apply online at https://hsf.net.
Deadline: Varies by scholarship
. Mark Coppage Nursing Scholarship
Awards: Up To $5000
This scholarship is open to undergraduate nursing students who represent some of those outstanding human qualities for which Dr. Coppage was so well known. An applicant should fill out the Coppage Application and address the following four topics in easy form and submit to Mark Coppage Scholarship Committee, C/O Betty Castellani, Department of Pastoral Services, DeKalb Medical, 2665 North Decatur Rd., Suite # 130, Decatur, GA 30033.
- Discuss your commitment to making a difference in your community and your concern for humanity as evidenced by your acts of caring for others.
- Discuss how you see your ability to balance medical, academic model of learning while stressing the compassionate nature of medicine.
- Discuss how you see yourself as a leader.
- Discuss the attributes you possess that resemble the qualities exemplified by Dr. Mark Coppage.
Army Corps Nursing Scholarship
Scholarships for Student Caregivers
Amount: $1,000 to two students.
Description: The SeniorHomes.com Caregiver Scholarship is intended for students who are passionate about helping seniors live healthy lives and are pursuing careers in senior care. The award can be used towards tuition and/or books.
Applicant Eligibility: Applicants must be actively enrolled in or accepted to attend a U.S. college or university and pursuing a career in senior care.
Application Requirements: Applicants must submit either a 500-word essay or 2-3 minute video addressing a topic related to elder care.
Where to Apply: SeniorHomes.com scholarship page
Deadline: The 2019 deadline has not been released.
- College Board
- College Scholarships
- FastWeb Main Page
- FinAid: The Smart Guide to Student Financial Aid
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation (includes information on other military-related scholarships)
- Sallie Mae
- Scholarships4School.com (includes tips to help with the scholarship review process)
- Student Scholarships
- Military Scholarship
- Award: $2,500
- Award: $2,500
Nursing Scholarships Links
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing - various scholarship options at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Campus RN - browse alphabetically through various nursing scholarships
- Minority Nurse - scholarship search for minority nursing students
- NursingScholarship.US - browse nursing scholarships by different categories; includes other useful links
- Nurse Corps Scholarship