Applicants must be accepted and in good standing as a student in the graduate program supporting the assistantship.
Work Hours in Exchange for Tuition
4 credits of graduate tuition remission for 12 hours of work per week for 15 weeks ( 180 hours per Fall/Spring semester). The Student will owe the balance of tuition and fees after the tuition remission for 4 credits is applied.
- Applicants must complete the Graduate Assistantship Application by each semester deadline – November 15 (for spring) and July 20 (for fall).
- Applicants submit application to Financial Aid who will forward all applications to the graduate program division chair for his/her selection for each semester. The selected student is subject to a criminal background check.
- Graduate Assistants must reapply each semester.
- In order to receive an assistantship, students must make satisfactory academic progress in their program.
Graduate Assistantship Duties
- Assistantship positions are designed to provide the student with a meaningful work experience in the field of study while enabling and/or supporting a division project or initiative. Duties and responsibilities are described in assistantship position descriptions posted each semester.
Graduate Assistant Supervision
- The division chair or a designated faculty member is responsible for supervising the graduate assistant.
- Supervision is aided by required submission of a task list and work hours log given to the supervisor by the end of each month of the semester.
- The supervisor will complete a mid-term evaluation to ensure that the graduate assistant is meeting the assignment objectives, as well as an end-of-semester evaluation providing summative documentation of the work accomplished, its quality, and timeliness.