Change Your TU Password
In order to keep your TU account secure, it is advisable to change your password each semester. Changing your password is simple: it takes less than 5 minutes! Just be sure to remember these two important things:
- When you change your TU email password, your Blackboard and Hawklink password is automatically changed at the same time.
- Be sure to note your new password. People most commonly forget their their password after they change it.
Follow these steps to change your TU Email password:
- Log in to your TU email account.
- Select "options".
- Select "change password".
- Fill out the form in the pop-up window:
- Domain = thomasu
- Account = your email/username (ie. jane.student)
- Old password = the password you have now
- New password = what you want your password to be
- Confirm password = enter the new password again
- Rule for passwords! This is important; for security purposes your password must meet the following rules:
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters in length
- Passwords must contain at least 1 letter and at least 1 number
- Special characters (@!&%, etc.) are allowed. We recommend using at least one special character as well.
- See How to Create a Secure Password for help with this.
- Click the "submit" button.
- You will get a message in the pop-up window saying that your password has been successfully changed.
- The next time you log-in to your TU email, Blackboard, or Hawklink, be sure to use your new password!