E-Mail Forwarding Instructions
E-Mail Forwarding Instructions. These instructions do not apply to Outlook Web Access.
Setting Up Your Account
Here is how to set your TU e-mail account to forward e-mails automatically to a personal e-mail address such as a Hotmail or Gmail account.
- Log in to your TU e-mail account.
- Choose the Rules folder at the bottom left-hand side of the screen.
- Choose the “New…” folder near the top center part of your screen
- You may create a name for the forwarding rule in the top blank box (optional), such as “Forwarding TU e-mail to my Yahoo address”. You can also just leave the box blank and go to next step.
- At the bottom left-hand side of this same screen you will also see a blue word that says “Then”.
- Click the “Forward it to” button (the circle will be green if you’ve selected it correctly).
- In the box to the right of the button you just clicked, type in the e-mail address that you’d like your Thomas University e-mail to automatically be forwarded to.
- When you enter the new e-mail address, just under the box, you’ll see that a green check box that says “Keep a copy in my inbox”. You may check or uncheck this box.
Note: If you are a TU student, this check box will have no effect on your e-mail account. If you are a TU faculty/staff member and want to use TU webmail AND also Outlook on your campus computer, choosing to keep forwarded messages in the inbox means all webmail that is forwarded will be placed in the Outlook “Inbox” on your campus computer.
- After entering the address where you would like TU e-mail to automatically forward to, you must click the “Save and Close” icon/button at the very top left hand side of the screen.
- If you’ve set up the new rule correctly, you should get a message/warning box that says: “This rule will be applied to every message you receive. Are you sure you want to do this?” Choose “Yes”.
Testing Your Forwarding Rule Set-Up
Now test the set-up to make sure it works.
- Log off your TU e-mail account.
- Open your alternate e-mail account (such as Hotmail or Gmail) and send a message to yourself at your TU e-mail address. (The address is email@example.com). You might use “Test Forward” in the subject line.
- Once you’ve sent the e-mail to your TU address, log off your alternate account and log back into your TU e-mail account from the TU homepage.
- If the rule was successful, you will see the message from your alternate account in your TU inbox.
- When you log back into your alternate account, you should also find the forwarded message there.