Are students required to have a student ID?
- All students who use on-campus resources or attend one or more classes on campus are required to obtain an ID.
- Off-site or online only students may obtain an ID card upon request.
When and where are ID’s issued?TU ID cards are issued at the beginning of each academic year (Fall 2018, Fall 2019) during the first two weeks of classes.
- An email will be sent out to all students, faculty, and staff listing available dates and times to drop-in to get a TU ID card.
- After the first two weeks of classes, ID cards are issued throughout the course of the academic year by appointment only.
- TU ID cards are printed in the office of the Student Activities Coordinator (office 125) in the Student Life Center on Magnolia Campus.
Is there a cost?
- The original ID card will be provided by the University; however, cards can be replaced for a $5 fee.
How can student ID's be used?
- This ID card is necessary in order to check out resource materials from the library or other campus offices, attend student activities on campus, meal plan purposes, receive discounts from local businesses, and for general campus identification and security purposes.
- The Thomas University Thomas University Identification Card (ID) is considered to be an “official” identification resource.
What documentation do you need to have a student ID printed?
- In order to obtain an ID card, you must present a current course schedule, your valid TU student ID number, and one form of valid, government-issued identification (driver’s license, passport, etc.).
Are new ID cards issued each semester or each year?
- No. ID cards for students must be validated at the beginning of each academic semester.
- A sticker (or another form of validation) will be placed on the card for each semester the student is taking classes at Thomas University.
- To have an ID card validated, you must present a course schedule for the current semester.
- In order to validate off-site or online only students cards each academic semester, the student must present a current course schedule and a validation sticker will be mailed to them.