Office of Student Life
The Office of Student Life is here to deliver guidance in both social and personal development for the students of Thomas University. Student Life dedicates its staff and resources to supporting the pursuit for continuous personal improvement through co-curricular activities, events, programs and services. The emphasis is placed on the importance of discovery, leadership, and success at Thomas University and beyond.
In the Office of Student Life, and within the Residence Life Staff, we firmly believe that a college education extends well beyond classrooms, textbooks and exams. The college experience includes growing and learning through programs, events and activities; as well as the experience of living cooperatively with others. We hope to create a dynamic learning and living environment that is consistent with the Six Principles of Community:
1. Educationally Purposeful. The Residence Life staff will strive to create a place where faculty and students share academic goals and work together to strengthen teaching and learning on campus.
2. Open. The Residence Life staff will strive to create a place where freedom of expression is uncompromisingly protected and where civility is powerfully affirmed.
3. Just. The Residence Life staff will strive to create a place where the sacredness of the person is honored and where the acceptance of diversity is aggressively pursued.
4. Disciplined. The Residence Life staff will strive to create a place where individuals accept their obligations to the group and where well-defined governance procedures guide behavior for the common good.
5. Caring. The Residence Life staff will strive to create a place where the well-being of each member is sensitively supported and where service to others is encouraged.
6. Celebrative. The Residence Life staff will strive to create a place in which the heritage of the institution is remembered and where rituals affirming both tradition and change are widely shared.
Whether you attend classes on campus or take classes as part of our distance learning program, we value you as a student and pledge our support to you!
Call 229.225.9351 or 229.226.1621 ext. 1027 if you have any questions or concerns that we may address.