Computer Proficiency Exam (3 HR Credit)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Many students, particularly non-traditional students, have significant life/work experiences that Thomas University honors. This exam allows you to obtain course credit for computer software expertise. Student who fail the exam may re-take CSC120 or find some other means of remediation.
WHAT THE EXAM COVERS
The exam tests proficiency in these areas: Microsoft Excel (spreadsheet), PowerPoint (presentations), Word (word processing), the Windows operating system, and use of the Internet.
- The student should e-mail Professor Karen Harvey at email@example.com or call 229-226-1621 ext. 1086 to arrange to take the exam.
- Professor Harvey will activate a key-code for the electronic competency exam; the student will take the proctored online exam on TU’s campus OR take the online exam at a certified proctored site.
- The exam fee is $100; The student must pay Thomas University (Business Office) BEFORE he/she can attempt the exam. The fee is non-refundable, even if the student fails the exam.
- If the student achieves the passing score, he/she will earn three credit hours to fulfill the Core requirement for CSC 120.
- Professor Harvey notifies the Registrar, who then posts the credit to the student’s transcript.
See the topic Credit by Examination under the Office of the Registrar in the Offices and Services section to learn more about other ways to receive course credit by exams.