Students must be formally admitted to TU.
To be formally accepted to TU, the student must provide the following to the Office of Admission:
- Application for Undergraduate Admission
- A $35 non-refundable application fee
- Provide official academic and financial aid transcripts from ALL colleges and/or universities previously attended. These transcripts should be sent to: Admissions Office, Thomas University, 1501 Millpond Rd, Thomasville, GA, 31792. The Registrar and CLS Program Director will determine transferability of the courses.
Students must meet the following criteria before acceptance into the program and registration of initial courses, and have documentation on file in the MLS office:
For 2 + 2 MLT to MLS
- Completion of the 35 Associate degree bridge courses listed in the progression sheet/ curriculum transferred in from any NAACLS accredited MLT/CLT program.
- Completion of an Associate degree from a NAACLS accredited MLT/CLT program
- Copy of current MLT/CLT certification by a recognized national agency (ASCP, AMT)
- Completion of the 2 + 2 Clinical Support Letter by the student’s employer (from a medical lab manager of a lab of sufficient size to meet requirements)
- Completion of the applicant packet
- Conditional acceptance may be granted for students without certification.
Program applicants must submit the following:
- Completed physical exam document.
- Immunization records to include the Hepatitis B vaccination (or signed waiver form)
- Proof of a current PPD (TB test. Must be within last 6 months of admission)
- Drug screen (within 6 months of admission)
- Criminal background check (within 6 months of admission). You may go to www.certified background.com to complete this requirement.
- Other documents provided in the applicant packet (proctor form etc)
Students will receive a letter from the MLS Program Director stating official acceptance into the MLS Program.
The maximum number of MLS students accepted with each new cohort (spring and summer) in the 2 + 2 Track is 15. If more students complete all admission criteria than can be accepted, an alternate list will be generated. Should an opening become available, students will be accepted based on date of required documentation completion. Any student granted readmission to the MLS program will be admitted as an alternate.
A clinical site for the clinical experience must be determined for each student entering the program. In cases where several students are assigned to the same clinical site, priority will be given to the student with the highest program GPA. 2 + 2 Students must use their employer as a clinical site and the facility must meet program criteria. Should a student change his/her mind about the clinical facility assignment after starting the program, or change employers, it is the student’s responsibility to acquire another clinical affiliate that meets the program criteria and is willing to host them.
Since all students must have an assigned clinical facility for admission, there will not be more students admitted than can be accommodated.
Affiliates are added as needed depending on the student locale. The following are currently active sites, or sites we have used in the past:
- Archbold Medical Center, Thomasville, GA
- Bacon County Hospital, Alma, GA
- Cleveland County Healthcare System
- Colquitt Regional Medical Center, Colquitt, GA
- Doctors Laboratory, Inc, Valdosta, GA
- Emory Medical Laboratory, Atlanta, GA
- Lake City Medical Center, Lake City, FL
- Meadows Regional Medical Center, Vidalia, GA
- Northeast Regional Medical Center, Gainesville, GA
- Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital, Albany, GA
- Quest Diagnostics, Atlanta, GA
- Satilla Regional Medical Center, Waycross, GA
- Smith Northview Hospital, Valdosta, GA
- St. Mary’s Hospital, Athens, GA
- South Georgia Medical Center, Valdosta, GA
- Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Tallahassee, FL
- Veterans Hospital, Lake City, FL
The inclusion of these sites in this list does not mean that these sites are willing to accept additional students in the future, but have agreed to serve as a clinical site for their employees.
To determine if this is the correct career choice for you, please review the following requirements: