General Admission to the ONLINE MBA, MBA/MSN*, and ONLINE MBA/Accounting Specialization Programs
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Non-business majors are welcome to apply for admission to the graduate program. If an applicant does not hold a business degree, there may be requirements to complete prerequisite classes before taking certain MBA classes. Prior work experience may exempt the applicant from some of the prerequisites. After a review of the transcripts, resume, and any MBA Prerequisite Exemption forms (if applicable to admission), a determination would be made by the Chair of the Division of Business as to required MBA prerequisite coursework.
- BUS 200 Principles of Financial Accounting or MBA 200 Principles of Financial Accounting non-credit workshop
- BUS 210 Principles of Macroeconomics or MBA 210 Principles of Macroeconomics non-credit workshop
- BUS 320 Principles of Finance or MBA 320 Principles of Finance non-credit workshop
- STA 250 Introduction to Statistics (No eight-week workshop for STA 250).
(See the MBA Prerequisite Workshops tab.)
THE MBA AND MBA/Accounting Specialization PROGRAMS ARE OFFERED FULLY ONLINE.
Candidates for admission submit:
- Online application
- $50 Application Fee (non-refundable) payable upon acceptance to program
- Personal Statement of Career and Educational Objectives (not to exceed two pages)
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate/graduate schools
- Three professional/academic letters of recommendation for evaluation (Reference forms are available HERE.)
Thomas University does not require a GMAT score for admission to the MBA, MBA/MSN or MBA/Accounting Specialization programs.
*Admission to the MBA/MSN Dual Degree Program: Student would also need to satisfy entrance requirements to the MSN program.
Program Specific Admission Requirements for the MBA/Accounting Specialization
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with a major in accounting from an accredited university or college.
- Candidates must satisfy prerequisite requirements.
- Candidates must have a minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
***The Business Division is accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).***
The Thomas University MBA is a professional and applied graduate degree, preparing the student for leadership in the business world of the twenty-first century through readings, research, and case study analysis.
- Builds from the strong undergraduate program in business administration
- Is open to students with undergraduate majors in any area (assuming passage of four prerequisites for non-business majors)
- Prerequisite classes are offered online or in an 8-week workshop format
- Complete the program within two years of on campus and/or online classes, assuming good progress
- Completely online option; MBA courses are offered in a variety of delivery models
- MBA with a concentration in Accounting (projects are applied to your work environment)
- Graduate assistantships available.
For more information, e-mail TU Admissions or call 229-227-6925.