Associate of Arts in Liberal Studies
For High School Students:
The AA LiSt program (Associate of Arts in Liberal Studies for high school students), is reserved for students who may choose to begin earning college credit as sophomores.
This rigorous program allows students who meet the requirement for the program to earn an associate’s degree through Thomas University while meeting high school graduation requirements. Admission requirements to the program include:
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers who can attest to the student’s academic performance and level of maturity needed to be successful in the program.
- High school grade average of 85 in all ninth grade classes
- A brief written statement in which the student explains his or her educational and career goals.
- At least a 45 on each section of the PSAT OR an equivalent SAT score OR passing scores on TU’s placement test (COMPASS)
- Completion of the TU application process
- Students are admitted provisionally during the first year and then fully accepted after official SAT scores are on file.
If you are interested in learning more about this program, these are some of the next steps:
1. Students must discuss their interest in the program with their high school counselor. He or she can tell you about the program’s past participants and discuss the benefits and challenges students have faced.
2. Once the student is approved by the high school, he or she should complete the TU application online: www.thomasu.edu Please check AA LiSt as the program of interest. The application fee will be waived by Admissions, so there is no need to enter any payment.
3. For other questions regarding the AA LiSt, please feel free to contact Mrs. Jennifer Lindquist, Accel and AA LiSt advisor, by phone (229)226-1621 ext. 163 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.