Facts about the Move On When Ready program
The Move On When Ready (MOWR) program provides dual enrollment opportunities for students who are enrolled at participating eligible public, private, or home school program in Georgia. Participating students take postsecondary coursework for credit towards both high school graduation and postsecondary requirements. The program is offered during all terms of the school year; fall, spring and summer semester.
To be eligible for the MOWR program, a student must:
Be enrolled in the ninth, tenth, eleventh or twelfth grade of a private or public high school in Georgia or a home study program within the State of Georgia operated in accordance with O.C.G.A. §20-2-690(c);
Be admitted to an eligible, participating USG, TCSG or Private postsecondary institution as a dual credit enrollment student;
Be enrolled in courses listed in the approved MOWR Course Directory;
Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the eligible postsecondary institution.
Why Move On When Ready at Thomas University?
Student centered Small class size Transferrable credit University setting
High level of student and teacher interaction Private liberal arts education
Regional accreditation Diverse student population
Tuition and fees
- Tuition, books and certain fees are covered by the MOWR program
- Dual credit enrollment hours taken at a postsecondary institution, under which MOWR payments have been made, are not counted as attempted-hours, nor included in the combined paid-hours limit.
Application requirements for MOWR at TU
- MOWR application – complete online at www.Gacollege411.org
- Thomas University admission application
- High school transcript
- Test scores – Compass, SAT or ACT (To be admitted, students must meet the minimum score in either Math or English)
Math SAT 410, ACT 17, Compass Algebra 43
English SAT 440, ACT 18, Compass 81 Reading/6 ewrite
Need help getting started with Move On When Ready? Contact Cheval Breggins, at 229.226.1621 ext.1054 or by email at email@example.com