***The Business Division is accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).***
The Thomas University MBA is a professional and applied graduate degree, preparing students for leadership in the 21st century business world through readings, research, and case study analysis. MBA courses are offered in a variety of delivery models.
- Builds from the strong undergraduate program in business administration
- Is open to students with undergraduate majors in any area (assuming satisfaction of four prerequisites for non-business majors or completion of a bachelors in accounting for students wishing to pursue the MBA Accounting concentration)
- Prerequisite classes are offered online or in an 8-week workshop format
- Complete the program within two years of on campus and/or online classes, assuming good progress
- MBA courses are offered in a variety of delivery models – fully online, hybrid (online and classroom), and face-to-face.
- MBA with a concentrations in Accounting or Human Resources (projects are applied to your work environment)
- Graduate assistantships available.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR OUT-OF-STATE APPLICANTS: Every state government regulates whether universities located in other states can enroll students in online programs. This process is called “state authorization.” Some states do not allow their students to enroll students in online programs at outside universities at all; other states charge the outside universities high fees to enroll even one student from that state. For this reason, Thomas University may not be able to enroll students from outside Georgia in every online program we offer. We accept students from as many states as possible. Please contact Admissions at email@example.com or 800.538.9784 ext 1114 to find out if your state is authorized for Thomas University.
MBA Program Outcomes
- Students will apply requisite knowledge and information for the development of framing and solving problems. Students will demonstrate a proficiency in the integration of the functional areas of business.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the link between strategic analysis, integration of theory and practical implementation. Students will demonstrate a proficient or exemplary level of case analysis in a global business environment.
- Students will apply quantitative techniques. Students will demonstrate the ability to apply appropriate analytical concepts from the common body of business knowledge to evaluate the business environment and choose appropriate action for the business problem.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of professional levels of oral and written business communications and presentation skills.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate through written and oral presentations. Students will demonstrate the ability to function as an effective and productive member of a project team and will demonstrate the ability to apply project management skills in a diverse world. Students will participate in group project management addressing practical business situations.
- Students will develop an awareness of professional business ethics. Students will demonstrate an understanding of ethical issues and behaviors through an exit survey.
- Student will develop an understanding of diversity including ethnicity, gender, age, physical differences, sexual orientation, race, and religion. Students will demonstrate an understanding of diversity issues and its influence in the domestic and international business environments.
MBA Program Goals
- To offer a graduate business degree distinguished by its integration of theory and practical application.
- To deliver through the curriculum the requisite knowledge and information for the development of high-potential managers and administrators.
- To provide a variety of primary and supplemental learning experiences and activities to prepare students for the challenges they will face in the contemporary business environment.
- To add value to students by preparing them for learning throughout their lifetimes and for continuous professional development.
- To sensitize students to the importance of understanding issues of ethics and diversity, the changing nature of the international marketplace, and the role of technology in the workplace.
- To serve community and regional business needs by preparing students to assume positions of greater management responsibility in our city, county, and state.
- To develop in students an understanding of professional levels of oral and written communication skills, including the applications of computer hardware and software.
- To engage in appropriate institutional effectiveness activities, including programmatic self monitoring and assessment, as well as the evaluation of graduate effectiveness and success.
- To maintain affiliations with businesses and other academic institutions to ensure that the program is meeting the needs of our specific students and of the larger business community as well.
- To provide information concerning postgraduate career development and educational opportunities.