Can I use my Financial Aid (FA) to purchase books in the TU eBookstore (Blackboard Store)?
A.: Yes, once you have completed all Financial Aid paperwork and accepted any awards that were offered to you, and it is posted to your student account, you can purchase books from the Blackboard Store using your financial aid.
- You can NOT use FA to pay for book RENTALS or MARKETPLACE purchases, as these are provided and processed by a third party.
- Once your FA funds are available for use on the e-bookstore, you will receive an email at your student email address from MBS Direct with your FA username and password to use on the site.
- Dual enrolled students do NOT qualify for financial aid
- If you would like to check if you have a e-book username and password, contact Michelle Manning at 229-226-1621 ext. 1100
Q.: What is my Student Account username and password for ordering books?
A.: You will be prompted to enter the information below during step 3 of the checkout process.
Student Account Username: Student ID (A00000#####)
Student Account Password: First name.Last name
The Student Account username/password is assigned to you by the Business Office.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are using your student account to purchase your books, you have TWO (2) usernames and passwords that you must use on this site: a Blackboard Store LOGIN username/password and a Student Account username/password.
*You create your Blackboard Store login username/password yourself the first time you visit the Blackboard Store. You will use both sets of usernames/passwords every semester.
Q.: I recieved an error message stating "Student Account information not found for the values that you entered."
A.: There is a 48 hour waiting period from the time you register to when you are able to use your student account in the TU eBookstore (Blackboard Store). Verify your information was submitted to the Bookstore and Student Account Password. Student Account passwords may not exceed 19 characters and are case sensitive. Students with hyphenated names or names exceeding 19 characters should verify their password with the Business Office at (229) 226-1621 ext. 1037 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If your order still will not process after following the steps above please contact the Bookstore & Spirit Shop Coordinator, Michelle Manning at email@example.com 229-226-1621 ext. 1100
Q.: I did not receive a confirmation email after I placed my order; did it go through?
A.: NO. If you did not receive a confirmation email, the order did not fully process.
- In this instance, please call MBS Direct Customer Service at (800) 325-3252; they will take your order over the phone and make sure that nothing is duplicated.
Q.: I ordered an “online access code” or “web code” but I have not received it; what do I need to do?
A.: Check the email account that you entered when you first registered on the E-bookstore (Blackboard Store) site.
- Depending on the class, some codes are delivered via US Mail and others via e-mail. If emailed, the code was sent to the email address you provided on your first visit to the Blackboard Store. If you cannot find it in your Inbox, please check your Junk box or Spam box.
- If you still can’t find it, please call MBS Direct Customer Service at (800) 325-3252 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q.: Can I sell my books back at the end of the semester?
A.: Yes, Book Buyback & Rental Return events are held during final exam week each semester.
- You can sell your books back online on the TU E-Bookstore (Blackboard Store) site at ANY time or you can bring your books to the on-campus buyback event held during final exams.
Q: What is Guaranteed Buyback?
A: Guaranteed Buyback titles are indicated with a dollar sign next to the condition of the book at the time of purchase along with the guaranteed price. At the end of the semester when you are ready to sell your books back, you may access your Guaranteed Buyback titles by clicking “Sell Your Books” from the homepage of the e-Bookstore website.
- You must complete the Buyback process which will generate a printable Guaranteed Buyback receipt and secure the price you were quoted.
Q: How do you determine buyback values?
A: Buyback values are based on anticipated future demand for a book and current stock level. If your book does not currently have a buyback value, check back closer to the end of the semester.
Q: What is the ‘Value Expires’ date?
A: Any Guaranteed Buyback items have a quote automatically created at the time of purchase to lock in the highest value until the ‘Value Expires’ Date, regardless of the current value. Send in your books by the ‘Value Expires’ Date to receive the highest price quoted for the materials
Q: How do I return my book(s)?
A: ABOUT REFUNDS and RETURNS ...
- Contact customer service for instructions. 800-325-3252 or email@example.com.
- Course materials must be returned within two weeks after class start date or within 21 days of date shipped, whichever is later.
- Book(s) are only returnable for the class for which they were originally purchased.
- New books must be returned in new condition to receive a full refund. This means no writing or marking, including a name on the inside of the book.
- All components of a packaged item must come back together, unopened, and in the original shrink wrap to receive credit.
- Loose leaf items must be in the original shrink wrap.
- CDs, diskettes, pass codes and software included with a book or sold alone must be intact, unopened and in the original packaging or they will be non-refundable.
- Ship the book UPS ground or insured mail.
- Postage on returns is not refundable.
- Credit will be issued in the same manner the payment was originally made.
- Allow two to three weeks for processing time.