commencement Attendance, Ettiquette AND aTTIRE
Thomas University's sixty-second Commencement is Saturday, May 6, 2017, at 8:30 am and will be held outside on the Historic Quad of Thomas University.
RSVP YOUR ATTENDANCE PLANS TO
firstname.lastname@example.org BY MARCH 30TH.
IF YOU DO NOT RSVP, YOUR TICKETS WILL BE RELEASED TO BE REDISTRIBUTED.
Part of the privilege of attending a small university is participating in a graduation ceremony at which your professors, TU administrators and staff, family members, and classmates celebrate your academic accomplishment. We wish all of you could attend but understand that it's just not possible for some. If you are planning to attend, your RSVP will reserve you a seat and two tickets for your guests. If you are not able to attend, your RSVP allows us to redistribute your guest tickets to other graduation candidates who may need them.
- Turn off all cell phones.
- Be courteous if taking personal photographs.
- Men should remove caps during invocation and benediction.
- All guests regardless of age (even babies) must have a ticket; you are encouraged to leave younger children at home where they can celebrate with you later.
- Be respectful of your classmates in your and your guests congratulations during the ceremony so that all graduates' names can be heard.
- Please pass the programs that are provided down the row you are sitting in.
- Cap & gown should be free of wrinkles (follow instructions provided with gowns)
- Wear dark dress shoes and dark dress slacks.
- Dark attire looks best under the thin fabric of these gowns.
- Low heels are strongly encouraged.
- No flip flops, casual sandals, or slides.
- Cap must be worn flat on the head.
- Leave purses in the trunk of your car for security.
- No chewing gum.