commencement Attendance, Ettiquette AND aTTIRE
Thomas University's sixty-second Commencement is Saturday, May 5, 2018, at 8:30 am and will be held outside on the Forbes Campus of Thomas University.
Your Cap and Gown order serves as your RSVP to the ceremony
Order your cap and gown by MARCH 29TH
If you DO NOT ORDER your cap and goan, our tickegs will be redistributed*
*Students in the Education Specialist Program may use the same cap and gown used only if you graduated from a Thomas University Master's of Education program. Please let us know if you plan to attend via email to email@example.com
Part of the privilege of attending a small university is participating in a graduation ceremony at which your professors, TU administrators and staff, family members, and classmates celebrate your academic accomplishment. We wish all of you could attend but understand that it's just not possible for some. If you are planning to attend, your RSVP will reserve you a seat and two tickets for your guests. If you are not able to attend, your RSVP allows us to redistribute your guest tickets to other graduation candidates who may need them.
- Turn off all cell phones.
- Be courteous if taking personal photographs.
- Men should remove caps during invocation and benediction.
- All guests regardless of age (even babies) must have a ticket; you are encouraged to leave younger children at home where they can celebrate with you later.
- Be respectful of your classmates in your and your guests congratulations during the ceremony so that all graduates' names can be heard.
- Please pass the programs that are provided down the row you are sitting in.
- Cap & gown should be free of wrinkles (follow instructions provided with gowns)
- Wear dark dress shoes and dark dress slacks.
- Dark attire looks best under the thin fabric of these gowns.
- Low heels are strongly encouraged.
- No flip flops, casual sandals, or slides.
- Cap must be worn flat on the head.
- Leave purses in the trunk of your car for security.
- No chewing gum.