E-MAIL FORWARDING INSTRUCTIONS
E-Mail Forwarding Instructions. These instructions do not apply to Outlook Web Access.
Setting Up Your Account
Here is how to set your TU e-mail account to forward e-mails automatically to a personal e-mail address such as a Hotmail or Gmail account.
- Log in to your TU e-mail account.
- Choose the Rules folder at the bottom left-hand side of the screen.
- Choose the “New…” folder near the top center part of your screen
- You may create a name for the forwarding rule in the top blank box (optional), such as “Forwarding TU e-mail to my Yahoo address”. You can also just leave the box blank and go to next step.
- At the bottom left-hand side of this same screen you will also see a blue word that says “Then”.
- Click the “Forward it to” button (the circle will be green if you’ve selected it correctly).
- In the box to the right of the button you just clicked, type in the e-mail address that you’d like your Thomas University e-mail to automatically be forwarded to.
- When you enter the new e-mail address, just under the box, you’ll see that a green check box that says “Keep a copy in my inbox”. You may check or uncheck this box.
Note: If you are a TU student, this check box will have no effect on your e-mail account.
- After entering the address where you would like TU e-mail to automatically forward to, you must click the “Save and Close” icon/button at the very top left hand side of the screen.
- If you’ve set up the new rule correctly, you should get a message/warning box that says: “This rule will be applied to every message you receive. Are you sure you want to do this?” Choose “Yes”.
Testing Your Forwarding Rule Set-Up
Now test the set-up to make sure it works.
- Log off your TU e-mail account.
- Open your alternate e-mail account (such as Hotmail or Gmail) and send a message to yourself at your TU e-mail address. (The address is firstname.lastname@example.org). You might use “Test Forward” in the subject line.
- Once you’ve sent the e-mail to your TU address, log off your alternate account and log back into your TU e-mail account from the TU homepage.
- If the rule was successful, you will see the message from your alternate account in your TU inbox.
- When you log back into your alternate account, you should also find the forwarded message there.