ARC offers both face to face and online tutoring. Thomas University students can bring or send almost any writing assignment to ARC and receive feedback on their writing. Every semester hundreds of Thomas University students benefit from these face to face and online sessions.
To get the most from each visit for writing feedback students can:
Get feedback on your writing
After your visit, you will be ready to write or revise!
- Plan ahead. Please do not wait until the last moment to seek feedback. Many professors require that students seek feedback 7 to 10 days in advance of a due date to allow students revision time.
- For face to face appointments, come prepared to discuss your writing goals, and the specific assignment. You will need to bring the prompt, assignment instructions, and any drafts you might have.
- For online appointments, students should email their draft, assignment instructions, and another important information to the Director of ARC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You'll leave with or receive concrete plans and/or writing strategies.
Here are some examples of writing assistance available to you:
- Understanding writing assignments and expectation
- Discipline specific writing, including specific writing styles such as MLA and APA
- Selection of and correct use of sources, citations, quotations, and paraphrasing
- Writing thesis statements and/or problem statements and essay and paragraph organization
- Grammar brush-up
Preparing for your visit:
- Visit ARC well before an assignment is due
- Plan your visit…know what you want to discuss
- Bring anything that helps explain the assignment or project
- Plan your visit so that you have time to revise
- Visit ARC regularly as a part of your college experience