Online Learning at Thomas University
Being a leader in online and distance education, Thomas University supports high quality learning strategies and technologies that contribute to student academic success.
Thomas University offers online undergraduate and graduate programs that are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). View a list of our online programs
Support for Online Learning
Online Learning is supported by the Dynamic Learning Environments office which provides the following services.
- Provide workshops for students and faculty to orient them to the use of academic technologies such as Blackboard, Blackboard Collaborate, and ProctorU
- Resolve online learning technical support issues reported by students and faculty and proactively work to reduce and eliminate new or reoccurring issues.
- Provide application administration of Blackboard, ProctorU, and related instructional technology
- Provide faculty with professional development that encourages the use of effective instructional design principles and practices that can improve teaching and learning
- Recommend policies and practices to Academic Affairs administration for enhancing student learning and lead in the consistent implementation of academic technology
Blackboard Learn is a course management platform that allows our faculty to deliver engaging course content. Students are able to view and download their course syllabus, submit assignments, see their grades, and interact with their instructors and peers via discussions, group collaboration, web conferencing and more.
Students access Blackboard by logging into the Student/Hawklink Portal.Forgot Password? | Need Help? | Learn Blackboard | FAQ
All online courses designated with “OL” in the Course ID require one proctored exam. Online proctoring is available with ProctorU.
Click here to review instructions for scheduling an exam with ProctorU.
Training for Students and Faculty
The Dynamic Learning Environments office offers training workshops in the use of academic technologies such as Blackboard, Blackboard Collaborate, and other audio/video tools to promote high quality interactive learning.
Students and faculty are invited to attend workshops to help orient them to academic technology. Check below for the schedule of workshops.
Dynamic Learning Training Schedule
- Additional one-on-one and group trainings are available upon request to assist students in using Blackboard Collaborate, Blackboard, microphone headsets, and webcams.
- A limited number of devices such as digital voice recorders and microphone headsets are available at TU’s library for check out by faculty, students, and staff.
Please email the Director of Dynamic Learning at email@example.com for further assistance.
Internet Browser Recommendations
The Thomas University Dynamic Learning Environments office recommends use of one of the free Internet browsers listed below. To download a browser, click on the name of the browser you want to download and follow the instructions on the download page.