The Business Office is located in the Business Office building, to the left of the library. The telephone number is 229-227-6883.
The Business Office is the place where you can make your payments for your TU education. It is here you may discuss the components of your bill, correct billing errors and explore ways to set up a payment plan if you are struggling with the current balance.
For those of you receiving financial aid, be sure your paperwork is complete with the Office of Financial Aid prior to the first day of classes.
You are responsible for maintaining a current account with the TU Business Office. Please be sure we have your correct contact information and talk to us about your needs, questions and problems.
At the beginning of each semester:
- Tuition and fees are due in full one week after drop/add.
- Students with unpaid balances at midterm will have a $100 late payment fee applied to their account.
**Review official Read and Heed policies:
How do I find out my balance?
- Check your Hawklink ledger.
- Statements are mailed out monthly.
- Call the Business Office at 229.227.6883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I don’t know if my financial aid is complete. How do I find out?
Contact the Office of Financial Aid. Only the Office of Financial Aid keeps these records.
How do I pay my bill?
We offer several options for paying your bill. Please choose from the following:
- Mail a check or money order (US$) to Thomas University, Attn: Business Office, 1501 Millpond Road, Thomasville, GA 31792
- To pay online with a credit/debt card click here.
- Visit us in person in the Business Office in Thomasville and pay with cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card.
I am expecting a refund check. How do I get my check?
- You may pick up your check, in person, in the Business Office.
- You may request that your check be mailed. Please send that request, with confirmation of your mailing address, to email@example.com.
- We offer direct deposit. Sign up with this form Direct deposit of student refunds that must be submitted to us with a physical signature and copy of a voided check.
When will refunds be disbursed?
Expected Refund Start Dates for first disbursement:
Fall 2012 – October 11, 2012
Spring 2013 – February 28, 2012
- Refunds cannot be calculated until after Drop/Add and No Shows are completed in all offices.
- Financial Aid Office will then request all financial aid funds from their sources (State of GA, Federal Dept of Education, etc) for distribution to student accounts. The University then awaits approval from those sources.
- After funding is approved, the Business Office requests a funds transfer to the University bank account. From there, funds are posted to student accounts as financial aid transactions.
- Refunds will be disbursed within 14 days of actual posting to student accounts.
- If you want to be sure a refund is available to you, check your ledger on Hawklink. If the line item “Student Refund” appears on your ledger, the date associated with that line item is the date the refund will be ready.
I’m feeling overwhelmed. What do I do?
- Speak with the Business Office.
- Payment plans are available. Payment plan enrollment fee begins at $35.
- Payment plan: http://tuitionpay.salliemae.com
My account/invoice is wrong. What do I do?
- Bring errors to the attention of the Business Office as soon as you are aware of the problem.
- If your Financial Aid is incorrect, contact Financial Aid first.