Graduation Application and Process
Thomas University awards the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and specialist degrees. Degrees will be conferred in the summer, fall and spring, upon the recommendation of the faculty, to students who have successfully completed all course requirements. The Commencement ceremony for all students graduating in summer, fall, and spring of an academic year is conducted at the end of the spring semester.
To be eligible for graduation, all undergraduate students must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 and all graduate students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. At least 25% of all hours earned toward any degree must have been earned at Thomas University. Students completing the bachelor’s degree must earn 24 of the last 30 hours of upper-division coursework at Thomas University.
Students who are awarded a bachelor’s degree may earn the distinction of graduating Summa Cum Laude (4.0 CGPA), Magna Cum Laude (3.75-3.99 CGPA), or Cum Laude (3.5-3.74 CGPA). Associate degree honor graduates are those students who graduate with a cumulative grade point average of 3.50 or higher. GPAs for Latin honors are calculated using all attempted hours taken at TU through the end of the fall semester preceding graduation. Honors will not be re-calculated after all grades are posted.
Students who expect to graduate must...
- With their advisor, students must complete the Application for Graduation by the stated deadlines the semester BEFORE they intend to graduate. The deadlines for turning in this form to the Registrar’s Office are Sept. 15 (spring semester graduation), Nov. 15 (summer semester) or March 1 (fall semester). Students who graduate in the fall are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony the following spring. Summer graduates taking 3 courses or 10 credit hours may take part in the preceding spring commencement.
- Pay graduation fees — ALL students pay a graduation fee of $175.
Note: Graduation fees cover all expenses associated with graduation, including your diploma.
- Clear all accounts in the Business Office.
- Complete a graduating student survey. Graduating students will receive a link to the survey in mid to late April.
- Degrees will not be conferred until ALL requirements have been met.