The e-Bookstore is now open for Summer 2013 purchases.
The Fall '13 Booklist can be viewed here.
Using Financial Aid For Purchases:
- If you intend to purchase your books with financial aid, all of your financial aid paperwork must be completed and you must have accepted any awards that may have been offered to you.
- Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 229-227-6937 if you have any questions regarding your financial aid status.
- Email Connie Daniels at email@example.com to request your Financial Aid username and password for purchasing books.
When Shopping On The TU E-bookstore Site:
- If a selected course shows “No information regarding course materials is available”, this means the books have not yet been selected for that course. Please check back frequently for updates.
- Some sections of the same courses do use different books, so always make sure you are looking at the correct section for each course you are registered for.
- There is a new option now available to rent your textbooks – look for it when you select your books on the TU E-bookstore site.
- Not all books will have this option. It your selection is available for Rent, it will be listed on the book information page along with the New and Used options.
Book Buyback Events:
- On campus book buy back events are held every semester during final exams.
- You can also sell your books back online any day, any time by clicking the Get Cash for Books link on the TU E-bookstore site.
- Textbooks purchased before or on the first day of class must be returned within 2 weeks of the first day of class.
- Textbooks purchased after the first day of class and before the last week of class must be received within 7 days of receipt.
- Textbooks purchased during the last week of class are non-refundable.
- No authorization is required for returns, but textbooks must be in the original condition.
- For each title, fill in the quantity being sent back in the “Ret Qty’ column on the packing list that was included with your package and include a copy of this with your return.
- Returns will be credited to your student account within 30 days of receipt.
- New textbooks must be received in new condition, so please pack your books securely . Software or CD refunds are accepted only if unopened, unless defective. New items received with markings or damaged will be credited at the used price.
- Follett Virtual Bookstores is not responsible for items lost or damaged in transit. It is suggested that a traceable method of shipping be used such as UPS or insured Parcel Post. Any insurance is the responsibility of the sender.
- If you experience any problems while placing your order online, or if you need assistance with returns, please contact TU E-bookstore’s Customer Service at 1-800-621-4088.
- Please contact Heather Cessna at firstname.lastname@example.org 229-227-6901 if you have any other questions regarding textbooks.