Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the MSN program, the graduate will be able to:
- Apply theories, concepts, strategies, and research findings in nursing and other disciplines to enhance the quality of health care and improve the environment in which health care is provided.
- Analyze the impact of health care policies on health care delivery systems and the health care needs of specific populations.
- Utilize information technology to assess, analyze, evaluate, and improve the quality of nursing care and patient care outcomes.
- Articulate and analyze the ethical, legal, financial, social, and political issues impacting health care, nursing practice, and education and identify and implement strategies for resolution.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals, consumers, and other key stakeholders to effect needed change in health care delivery systems.
- Function effectively in the advanced professional nursing roles of leader, advocate, educator, and researcher.