Nursing Financial Aid
At Thomas University, we believe that earning a quality education is an investment in your future. For this reason, we offer our students a wide variety of financial aid opportunities, including several scholarships for TU nursing students. And to further demonstrate our commitment to helping you meet your educational and professional goals, ALL RN-MSN and RN-BSN students will receive a scholarship equal to 20% of the cost of tuition each semester. So instead of worrying about how to pay for college, you can concentrate on what truly matters: earning your degree.
Please explore the links on this page for numerous scholarship opportunities specifically for nurses pursuing a BSN or MSN degree. Many applications have strict deadlines, so don’t delay! Our Financial Aid counselors are always happy to assist you – contact them directly:
Office of Financial Aid
229-226-1621 ext 1079
800-538-9784 ext 1079
Grants and Other Financial Aid for Eligible Nursing Students
Financial Aid Links
Nursing Education Loan Repayment Program
NELRP is a competitive program that repays 60 percent of the qualifying loan balance of registered nurses selected for funding in exchange for 2 years of service at a critical shortage facility. Participants may be eligible to work a third year and receive an additional 25 percent of the qualifying loan balance. http://bhpr.hrsa.gov/nursing/loanrepay.htm
- Have received a baccalaureate or associate degree in nursing (or an equivalent degree), a diploma in nursing or a graduate degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
- Have outstanding qualifying loans obtained for nursing education leading to a degree or diploma in nursing as specified above
- Have completed the nursing education program for which the loan balance applies
- Are a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.
- Are employed full time (32 hours or more per week) at a critical shortage facility
- Have a current permanent unrestricted license as an RN in the State in which you intend to practice or be authorized to practice in that State pursuant to the Nurse Licensure Compact and
- Have submitted a complete NELRP Application, a signed NELRP Contract, supplemental forms and all required documentation by the NELRP application deadline.
Tallahassee Memorial Hospital Employees Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program (NSLFP)
For those who qualify and are awarded, a portion of the student loans used to obtain a nursing degree can be cancelled if you work at an approved site in Florida. See the website for more details. http://www.nslfp.com/index.htm
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
Various scholarship options at the undergraduate and graduate level: http://www.aacn.nche.edu/Education/financialaid.htm
The Foundation of the National Student Nurses' Association
CampusRN will award a $1000 scholarship to a deserving nursing student in Georgia each year. This is part of a nationwide nursing scholarships initiative, the most comprehensive of its kind, featuring scholarship winners from all 50 states.
To apply, you simply need to join CampusRN if you are not already a member and download the scholarship application. Click for more information on the scholarship opportunity.
In addition to the CampusRN scholarship, the website provides students with access to a vast database of other scholarships and grants. The CampusRN network also includes local employment resources on each state site and opportunities nationwide on the main site.
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing - various scholarship options at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Minority Nurse - scholarship search for minority nursing students
- NursingScholarship.US - browse nursing scholarships by different categories; includes other useful links
The Georgia Association for Nursing Education (GANE) offers three nursing scholarships for students enrolled in Georgia’s nursing programs. A call for scholarship applications is now in effect. The scholarships include:
LUCY WILLARD Scholarship which is given to an Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree Nursing Student
SARAH HELEN KILLGORE Scholarship which is given to an Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree Nursing Student
SPILLMAN-BISCHOFF Scholarship which is given to a Graduate Nursing Student
The amounts of the scholarships depend on the interest earned on the scholarship accounts for the previous year. The amount is never less than $500. The scholarship is for a one time award and will be presented to recipients at the Awards Luncheon held during the GANE Annual Conference or at a subsequent GANE Board Meeting. For more information, visit GANE.
The Lettie Pate Whitehead Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship is designed for Christian women who have financial need and are pursuing a degree in nursing. Recipients must be in good academic standing and must be accepted to either the RN-BSN program or the MSN program.
Recipients must also apply for all applicable state and federal grants, which includes completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This application can be completed online at www.fafsa.gov. Thomas University School Code – 001555
Must be a Christian female who has been accepted to either the RN-BSN or MSN program at Thomas University
Must have financial need (Pell eligibility not required)
Must be a resident of one of the following states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Virginia