General Requirements for Admission to the RN-MSN Program
- Completion of the Thomas University Graduate Admission Application, including three professional or academic recommendations; statement of professional and educational goals, and current resume.
- Submission of official transcripts from all universities / colleges attended.
- Current, unencumbered (without limitations or sanctions) Registered Nurse License. Applicants who have recently (within six months) graduated from an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Diploma program but are not licensed as a Registered Nurse may be admitted conditionally to the RN-MSN program. R.N. licensure must be obtained during the first semester of full or part time enrollment in the RN-MSN program in order to remain in the program. Students may not progress beyond the first semester of upper division nursing “bridge” courses (NSG 303, NSG 307, NSG 311) if a current, unencumbered R.N. license has not been obtained. Conditional status will be removed only upon written verification of R.N. licensure.
- Undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a scale of 4.0 in the required core and nursing coursework completed to meet the requirements of an Associate Degree in Nursing from an accredited post-secondary institution at the time of admission to the RN-MSN program.
- Completion of English 101 and 102 or equivalent prior to enrollment in the RN-MSN program. All remaining undergraduate core curriculum coursework required for graduation from Thomas University may be completed prior to or during enrollment in the RN-MSN program. Prerequisite course requirements must be met.
- Competency in basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Email [including attachments] is expected of all students. Students must verify basic computer competency and show evidence of completion of Blackboard tutorial (offered through TU) by the first day of class. TU Computer Competency Assessment Form RN-MSN
Candidates for admission to the RN-BSN, RN-MSN, MSN, or MSN-MBA programs must first be admitted to Thomas University.
- Complete the Graduate Application online by following the link at the left side of this page: "Apply Now."
- Send official transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended to the Thomas University Office of Admissions. You will need to contact the schools directly to request official transcripts.
- For more information about specific admission procedures for the RN-MSN, MSN, and MSN-MBA programs please go to the Admissions website at www.thomasu.edu/admissions.htm or call the Office of Admissions at (229) 227-6925 or 1-800-538-9784 ext. 214.
- After you are admitted to Thomas University, your application materials will be sent to the Division of Nursing for review. If you meet the criteria for acceptance to the nursing program, you will receive a letter of acceptance from the Chair of the Division of Nursing.
- A nursing advisor will contact you to advise you about your plan of study and guide you through the registration process.