Thomas University offers two entry options for the Master of Science in Nursing Program:
1. Traditional track, following completion of a bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a related field, or
2. RN-MSN track, for Registered Nurses who hold an Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing. A Bachelor of Science in Nursing is not awarded as part of the RN-MSN program.
General Graduate Admission Requirements
Candidates for Graduate Admission to Thomas University MUST submit to the Office of Admissions each of the following:
• Application for Graduate Admission
• A non-refundable application fee
• A detailed resume
• A personal statement of career and educational objectives (not to exceed two pages)
• Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended, to be forwarded directly to the Office of Admissions at Thomas University
• Three professional or academic references
Program Specific Admission Requirements for the RN-MSN Program
• In addition to the General Graduate Admission Requirements, the candidate must be a graduate of an accredited ADN or Diploma program in Nursing. Other requirements include:
• Evidence of a current unencumbered (without limitations or sanctions) Registered Nurse License. Applicants who have recently (within six months) graduated from an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Diploma program but are not licensed as a Registered Nurse may be admitted conditionally to the RN-MSN program. R.N. licensure must be obtained prior to enrollment in a practicum or internship course in order to remain in the program. Students may not progress if a current, unencumbered R.N. license has not been obtained. Conditional status will be removed only upon written verification of R.N. licensure.
• Undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a scale of 4.0 in the required nursing coursework completed to meet the requirements of an Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing from an accredited post-secondary institution.
• Completion of English 101 and 102 or equivalent prior to enrollment in the RN-MSN program. All remaining undergraduate core curriculum coursework required for graduation from Thomas University may be completed prior to or during enrollment in the RN-MSN program. Prerequisite course requirements must be met.
• Competency in basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Email [including attachments] is expected of all students. Students must verify basic computer competency by the first day of class.
Please visit the Admissions website or call the Office of Admissions at (229) 227-6925 or 1-800-538-9784 ext. 1114 to speak with an Admissions representative for guidance or questions regarding the application process. After your application materials have been received by the Office of Admissions, the Division of Nursing will review your complete application file. If you meet the criteria for acceptance to the nursing program, you will receive a letter of acceptance from the Chair of the Division of Nursing. A nursing advisor will then contact you to advise you about your plan of study and guide you through the registration process. You are now a Thomas University Nighthawk!