The Thomas University RN-BSN nursing program is designed to allow the registered nurse to complete the requirements for a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in nursing while maintaining an active nursing practice.
- Designed to be completed in just 15 months while working full-time as a Registered Nurse
- Individual attention to students to facilitate professional growth
- Hybrid courses that provide both online and valuable face-to-face interaction with faculty
- Classes meet face-to-face for just ONE HALF-DAY PER MONTH for the entire program (some classes are available online)
- Faculty with current, relevant expertise in nursing practice are committed to students’ learning
- A diverse population of nurses who bring their unique, "real world" nursing experiences and knowledge to the classroom.
- Strong collaboration and partnerships with regional health care providers to facilitate clinical experiences that are relevant and completed at times convenient to the student and clinical preceptor
- Easy online access to full library services and reference material
- Convenience - classes are held in a variety of locations easily accessible to students in Southwest Georgia and North Florida
- Numerous scholarships, grants, and "service-cancellable loans" available to Registered Nurses enrolled in the RN-BSN Program
Division of Nursing RN-BSN Program / Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply critical thinking in a variety of health care settings/complex situations.
- Integrate professional nursing principles and standards to guide practice.
- utilize information management and technology to support evidence-based practice.
- Advocate for social justice in health care.
- Engage in interprofessional collaborative practice as leaders in health care.
- Evaluate the application of health promotion and quality improvement principles to optimize health.
The mission of the Division of Nursing is to educate registered nurses for professional nursing practice in a variety of health care settings and to challenge them to continued personal and professional growth. The RN-BSN program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and fully approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing and the Florida Department of Education Commission for Independent Education. The RN-BSN program is offered at the main campus in Thomasville, GA and at our satellite campuses in Moultrie, GA and Tallahassee, FL.
The Thomas University RN-BSN nursing courses are designed to allow the registered nurse to complete the requirements for a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in nursing while maintaining an active nursing practice. Registered nurses attend nursing classes on campus only one-half day per month. Courses are offered through a “hybrid” learning model, using a combination of a traditional classroom environment and online instruction. Class sizes are intentionally small to allow for dynamic interaction between students and faculty. Additionally, two required practicum experiences are completed at times convenient to the student and clinical preceptor. Students may select one of several approved health care facilities located throughout southwest Georgia and the north Florida area for their practicum experience.
The program requires 120 credit hours for graduation. Most graduates from Associate Degree nursing programs have completed the majority of core general education courses. Any remaining core general education courses needed to meet the requirements for graduation may be completed at Thomas University. Students with four-year degrees in other majors and students with AA degrees may have satisfied all core general education requirements. In addition, thirty-six credit hours may be awarded for prior nursing education under the Georgia RN-BSN Articulation Plan. Thomas University’s RN-BSN program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3343 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
For more information, e-mail TU Admissions or call 229-227-6925